New ElectraOne console / Testing needed

2.0.5b is avilable for the download. The complete release change log is again available at Nightly builds | Electra One Documentation

The firmware can be downloaded from the Downloads page. Documentation, Lua script examples, and JSON schemas on github are updated.

The highlights are:

• Lua upgraded to version 5.4.3
  • Changes to the Lua Extension API, unfortunately, some of them are not compatible with 2.0.4b. That is why we stay in beta right :). More functions on working with the messages and the parameterMap is exposed now.
  • @Richard an alternative way of indicating the active section provided
  • Rate limiting onto outgoing MIDI messages added. It is possible to adjust the maximum rate of sending MIDI messages per device. This is to make it more friendly to older synths.
1 Like

Patch request and Patch dump parser work only if Lua is initiated. If not, Electra crashes after the [PATCH REQUEST] button is pressed. I made a mistake in 2.0.5b. It will be fixed in next release. Sorry.

By uploading an empty script this seems to still work. That empty script does not seem to survive a power off/on cycle, am I right?

BTW I’m using an MRCC now, and it seems to work beautifully, no freezes so far. Was it due to me using a USB hub before maybe?

Yup, there is a clean up procedure that detects empty script and removes it. The fix will be available at the end of this weekend, with couple of other things.

first off, congratulations on having MRCC :slight_smile: I think it is very likely because recent betas seem to be pretty stable even when under extreme traffic. I already done a few tests with hubs I have around but was not able to replicate the issue yet.

2 Likes

2.0.6b is available for the download. The complete release change log is again available at Nightly builds | Electra One Documentation

The firmware can be downloaded from the Downloads page . Config file format documentation and JSON schema on github are updated.

The highlights are:

• Improved switching of the active control set with the LCD touch. @studiobischof pointed that one out.
  • The active section can be indicated with a solid background, see example below. @nuipb, @Richard, @Hotchkiss
  • The fullscreen fader is bigger now to make it easier to hit it. @z1v
  • Possibility to change the LCD brightness added. Actually it is a part of the very first version of the Menu::Settings. Unfortunately, this can be done on hw revisions 2.2 or higher. Older revisions do not have an option to control the LCD backlight.
  • Numerous fixes, including the Lua script issue related to the patch dump parsing. @joris.roling

This version brings a substantial prep-work for making it possible to fully customize assignments of hardware buttons. If you notice anything strange related to the hardware buttons or their on-screen versions, pls let me know.

Config JSON for setting the uiFeatures. Use Sandbox to upload it.:

{
   "version":1,
   "uiFeatures":{
      "touchSwitchControlSets":true,
      "activeControlSetType":"background"
   }
}

The activeControlSetType can be one of following:

• none
  • dim
  • bars
  • background
4 Likes

Excellent! Thanx. Like the background option too but i’ll stick with bars for now.

You made my day with lcd backlight control: put it a little higher and no more high pitch noise, thank you so much!

Got a little quirk when uploading the new JSON settings for the bars using sandbox, see picture. reload the page fixed it, just FWIW.

Lovin the new fullscreen fader. Just one thing about it i should have tell you earlier: when you are on the third control set, the first cell (third controlset (so the bottom controlset), first cell at top left) will always be locked since when you touch longer to get the big fader it will lock it because you are touching the same area as the locker.

The active selection indicator isn’t working properly for all controls. Faders don’t get dimmed whether they are active or not. I’m on Hardware 2.0

Yup, noticed that too. There is similar issue when the value of the fader is immediately updated to the “position” where the control is located. I will change it so that a new “touch down” event is required to trigger the action on the lock or the fader. It actually makes much more sense than current setup.

Will review and fix. Thx for reporting!

1 Like

The touch control to switch the active section is very snappy and reliable now :smiley:
Thank you @martin
Looking forward to tinker with all the new stuff when I have some spare time again!

1 Like

He @martin,

Hope you are well.

I found an issue with the latest release (2.0.6b). Whenever I upload my Access Virus TI Preset (large, and once loaded only 25% free memory), I sometimes get the center dots, but they never stop moving, and no preset is loaded. Power Off/On shows the actual preset (tested this by changing a control’s name).

Seen that before?

Best, Joris

Hi Robin, I am unable to replicate this one. Would you be able to send a description of steps to see the issue? I tried switching between the various types of the active section indicator and kept switching the active section. I am getting what I expect to get. Thanks!

1 Like

I managed to get my unit in the same state as RobinC’s by the following steps:

Install 2.0.5b
Set use sandbox to set sidebars mode on (using the example config posted on this thread when 2.0.5b came out, sorry I don’t have it handy)
Sidebars we’re working fine
Upgrade to 2.0.6b
No indicators showing at all but selection still working (confirmed by pressing section buttons then turning knobs)
Try changing config to the new one via sandbox: didn’t work
Restarted device and then uploaded new config again: now background works

Sorry that’s long-winded and not very precise, but maybe it helps. If I had to hazard a guess it’s that the 2.0.5b config and 2.0.6b config have a slight format change and it wasn’t reading correctly, or that the internal storage of the config changed and the code trying to initialise it didn’t clear out the existing data structure first
 but now I’m just pulling ideas out of thin air :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

One issue I ran across with the betas: I had a preset which I’d sent to the device with app.electra.one. On loading the preset the device would lock up and of course lock up on next boot. Bypassing the preset load on boot would get me to a functioning device again but leaves the user no way to overwrite or erase that bad preset slot because switching to it caused a lock up and you have to switch to a slot before sending a new preset.

In the end I simply held button 2 on boot and erased all presets. Sending the exact same preset from beta.electra.one worked fine and no problems since.

2 Likes

@axelf thanks for both inputs. Will try to replicate that. Re the issue with the preset - do you remember what preset it was? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Martin,

It’s for TDR SlickEQ GE but it’s only on my Presets library not shared yet while I tidy it up. Feel free to grab it from there if you can?

I upgraded the firmware from 2.05b to 2.06b. I didn’t upload the JSON to set the UIFeatures (and have never uploaded the JSON) so suspect that it is trying to read something that isn’t there

Hi @martin,

Found a new issue with the current beta (v2.0.6b).
When in the webeditor I create a fader with a display min/max/default of -64/63/0, the editor generates the following control (X1). This controll operates utterly sluggish, as if it causes in many many seemingly endless (pointless?) loops.

By hand I removed the “bitWidth”: 14 part in exchange for “min”: 0, & “max”: 127, and now the controll works smooth as it should.
You find it below (Y1)

Any ideas?

{
      "id": 111,
      "type": "fader",
      "name": "X1",
      "color": "F45C51",
      "bounds": [
      ],
      "pageId": 4,
      "controlSetId": 1,
      "inputs": [
        {
          "potId": 3,
          "valueId": "value"
        }
      ],
      "values": [
        {
          "message": {
            "type": "nrpn",
            "deviceId": 17,
            "lsbFirst": false,
            "parameterNumber": 15361,
            "bitWidth": 14
          },
          "min": -64,
          "max": 63,
          "defaultValue": 0,
          "id": "value"
        }
      ]
    },

{
      "id": 117,
      "type": "fader",
      "name": "Y1",
      "color": "F45C51",
      "bounds": [
      ],
      "pageId": 4,
      "controlSetId": 1,
      "inputs": [
        {
          "potId": 9,
          "valueId": "value"
        }
      ],
      "values": [
        {
          "message": {
            "type": "nrpn",
            "deviceId": 17,
            "lsbFirst": false,
            "parameterNumber": 15489,
            "min": 0,
            "max": 127
          },
          "min": -64,
          "max": 63,
          "defaultValue": 0,
          "id": "value"
        }
      ]
    },

hehe, I was about to upload 2.0.7b but will check review this one first.

1 Like